Last Updated: October 31, 2016
We at Lookbk know you care about how your personal information is used and shared.
Information Collection and Use
We receive and store any information you provide to us.
There are some pieces of information that Lookbk collects automatically.
- If you create an account, you will provide us with certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name and email address (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We may also collect non-identifying demographic information (such as your gender) that is not considered PII because it cannot be used by itself to identify you.
- Communications between you and Lookbk. For example, we may send you daily emails about newly published content. You may opt out of these emails. We may also send Service-releated emails (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features of Lookbk, technical notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for Lookbk. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the pages you visit, and other information that assists us in improving Lookbk
- Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Products. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, access date and time spent on features of the Products and other statistics and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Products, for example, when you visit our apps, sign into our Products or interact with our email notifications. Lookbk uses Log Data to provide our Products and to measure, customize, and improve them.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Information:
- We collect information about Lookbk content, such as if Users have viewed the content, shared the content or liked the content.
- We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us measure which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- We collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our Products, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Products. This cannot be used to identify you.
Using Your Information
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of Lookbk. Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor metrics
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Communicate with you
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- To enhance the Products and your experience with them
- We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
Information Sharing and Disclosure
There are parties with whom we may share your information.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Lookbk is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organization, providers, sellers and partners that help us provide the Service to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
Your Choices about Your Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your PII and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the PII that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Products.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
- If you want us to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We'll take steps to delete your information as soon we can, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
- You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account.
- Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
The Security of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Our Products are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services